Wednesday, 28 March 2012
1) The new insulin-growth factor-like gene family consists of four proteins in humans (hIGFL1-4) and one in mice (mIGFL).
2) mIGFL is expressed in normal skin and upregulated during inflammation.
3) hIGFL1 expression is increased in human psoriatic skin.
4) mIGFL and hIGFL1/-3 interact specifically and with high affinity to IGFLR1, a new TNFR Family Member.
5) IGFLR1 potentially exerts regulatory functions on T cell responses.
Read more about IGFL here: Murine insulin growth factor-like (IGFL) and human IGFL1 proteins are induced in inflammatory skin conditions and bind to a novel tumor necrosis factor receptor family member, IGFLR1: A.A. Lobito, et al.; J. Biol. Chem. 286, 18969 (2011).
IGFL (mouse) (rec.) Product Code: AG-40B-0091-C010 10 µg
IGFL3 (human) (rec.) Product Code: AG-40B-0090-C010 10 µg
IGFLR1 (human):Fc (human) (rec.) Product Code: AG-40B-0087-C050 50 µg
IGFLR1 (mouse):Fc (human) (rec.) Product Code: AG-40B-0085-C050 50 µg
anti-IGFLR1 (human), pAb (IN101) Product Code: AG-25B-0026-C100 100 µg
Adipogen products are available in the UK exclusively through Caltag Medsystems. Please
visit http://www.caltagmedsystems.co.uk/ or http://www.adipogen.com/ for
further product information.
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
MBL offers the industry's largest inventory of rabbit polyclonal anti-human peptide antibodies to G Protein- Coupled Receptors (GPCRs). Comprising 1,200 antibodies covering 500 different target antigens, all GPCR antibodies are optimized for histochemistry in human tissues using formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded sections. Plus, all GPCR antibodies from MBL are reduced in price in 2012, from £258 to £200. This promotion applies to antibodies beginning with Product Code : LS-A.
Monday, 19 March 2012
- We start in Aberdeen on Monday 26th March and will be located in the Institute of Medical Sciences at the University of Aberdeen.
- On Wednesday 28th we will be visiting the University of Edinburgh and will be in the Darwin Building Foyer (opposite the library!)
- On Thursday 29th we will be at the Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology, located at the Wolfson Link Courtyard at the University of Glasgow.
- We end the week at the Beatson Institute for Cancer Research on Friday 30th, where we’ll be in the Atrium all day.
Each day we have a free prize draw where you could win one of 5 Hotel Chocolat Easter Bunnies!
Why not pop down and see what we have to offer...
Friday, 16 March 2012
On Wednesday 21st March we will be in Newcastle exhibiting at the Practicalities of Cellular Analysis meeting.
The meeting will focus on 3 major aspects of cellular analysis, namely flow cytometry, light and electron microscopy. Very often these methods of cellular analysis are seen as individual disciplines, but in many cases they can complement each other to achieve a common research goal.
The meeting structure will revolve around 3 multi-disciplinary keynote talks encompassing the technology mix, interspersed amongst these will be parallel sessions focusing on aspects of flow cytometry, light and electron microscopy. In total, the event will incorporate approximately 2 hours of parallel sessions for each discipline and three 40 minute plenary talks.
The meeting will be held at the Conference and Banqueting Suite at the International Centre for Life, Newcastle Upon Tyne. The Centre for Life is a unique science village, which includes a Bioscience Centre, an exhibition area, the North-East Stem Cell Institute and the Institute of Human Genetics.
Thursday, 15 March 2012
- CD4-like membrane protein which binds to MHC class II protein.
- Expressed by T cells, B cells, NK cells and plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDCs).
- Negatively regulates T cell homeostasis, proliferation and activation.
- Enhances Treg induced suppressive activity.
- Soluble LAG-3 enhances DC activation and immunogenicity of tumor vaccines.
- Antagonistic LAG-3 antibodies inhibit LAG-3 as down-regulator of the T cell response and lead to enhanced T cell proliferation.
- LAG-3 (human), mAb (blocking) (17B4) Product Code: AG-20B-0012-C100 100 µg
- LAG-3 (human), mAb (blocking) (17B4) (PF) Product Code: AG-20B-0012PF-C100 100 µg
- LAG-3 (human), mAb (17B4) (Biotin) Product Code: AG-20B-0012B-C100 100 µg
- LAG-3 (human), mAb (17B4) (FITC) Product Code: AG-20B-0012F-C100 100 µg
- LAG-3 (human), mAb (17B4) (ATTO 488) Product Code: AG-20B-0012TD-T100 100 tests
- LAG-3 (human), mAb (17B4) (ATTO 590) Product Code: AG-20B-0012TM-T100 100 tests
- LAG-3 (human), mAb (17B4) (ATTO 647N) Product Code: AG-20B-0012TS-T100 100 tests
- LAG-3, mAb (blocking) (11E3) Product Code: AG-20B-0011-C100 100 µg
- LAG-3, mAb (blocking) (11E3) (PF) Product Code: AG-20B-0011PF-C100 100 µg
Friday, 9 March 2012
- Functional dissection of lysine deacetylases reveals that HDAC1 and p300 regulate AMPK. Lin YY et al. Nature. 2012 Feb 8; 482(7384): 251-5.
- Identification of aneuploidy-selective antiproliferation compounds. Tang YC et al. Cell. 2011 Feb 18;144 (4):499-512.
- Peptide switch is essential for Sirt1 deacetylase activity. Kang H et al. Mol Cell. 2011 Oct 21;44(2):203-13.
Thursday, 8 March 2012
- Multiplex - A single ELISA strip allows the measurement of 8 angiogenesis cytokines.
- Flexible – Compare from 2 samples to 12 samples within a single plate.
- Quantitative measurements - Unlike membrane-based array assays, the difference in concentration between individual proteins between samples can be quantitatively compared.
- No need for capital equipment - Unlike beads-based assays, no capital equipment is required.
- Simple procedure -All in one system with a pre-coated 12 X 8 well plate.
Friday, 2 March 2012
Stepcount™ tubes are a single-platform system for absolute counts, which can be used in combination with monoclonal antibodies conjugated with different fluorochromes, which make possible to identify cell sub populations for which the absolute count is intended.
Absolute counting of cells or cell subsets has a number of significant clinical applications as monitoring the disease status of HIV-infected patients, enumerating residual white blood cells in leukoreduced blood products, and assessing immunodeficiency in a variety of situations. The singleplatform method (flow cytometry alone) has emerged as the method of choice for absolute cell enumeration. This technology counts only the cells of interest in a precisely determined blood volume. Exact cell identification is accomplished by a logical electronic gating algorithm capable of identifying lineage-specific immunofluorescent markers. Exclusion of unwanted cells is automatic. This extensive and detailed unit presents protocols for both volumetric and flow-rate determination of residual white blood cells and of leukocyte subsets.
Benefits of Stepcount™
- Single-platform system for absolute counts
- In vitro diagnostic use
- Closed transparent tubes with a metal screen, including a white matrix at the bottom
- Excitable at wavelengths from 365 to 650nm
Product Code: STP-25T
StepCount Tubes + CD3/CD16+56/CD45/CD19 (50 test)
Product Code: STPKIT2-50T
StepCount Tubes + CD3/CD4/CD45 (50 test)
Product Code: STPKIT3-50T
StepCount Tubes + CD3/CD4/CD8/C45 (50 test)
Product Code: STPKIT1-50T
StepCount Tubes + CD4/CD8/CD3 (50 test)
Product Code: STPKIT4-50T
View all these products on our website here.
Thursday, 1 March 2012
They offer a comprehensive range of human CD antibodies, developed and variously labelled to perform in multiple applications, including flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, ELISA, Western Blot, Immunopreciptation and Immunocytochemistry. Search by application here, just download our excel spread sheet and choose the application you are interested in. Several antibodies also have functional applications (antagonistic antibodies) and can be viewed in the same spread sheet.
Ancell also offers a broad range of labelled and unlabelled biologically active recombinant fusion proteins that are complementary to their CD marker antibody panel, view their recombinant protein range here.
View their anti-mouse antibodies here.
View the new Dylight350 conjugates – suitable for use with Flow Cytometers with a UV laser
Ancell also provide isotype controls, second step reagents, progenitor/stem cell products, TNF superfamily and cytokine related research reagents.
The current most popular products from Ancell include:
1. The anti-CD28 antibody - a Superagonist. This antibody can stimulate T cell IL-2 production even in the absence of receptor engagement.
Product Code: ANC-177-820
Size: 100 µg
2. The line of Fab and F(ab’)2 fragments
Product Code: ANC-359-580 anti-CD152 (ANC152.2/8H5) F(ab)
Product Code: ANC-165-580 anti-CD16 (3G8) F(ab)
Product Code: ANC-144-580 anti-CD3ε (UCHT1) F(ab)
Product Code: ANC-181-580 anti-CD32 (7.3) F(ab)
Product Code: ANC-359-520 anti-CD152 (ANC152.2/8H5) F(ab‘)2
Product Code: ANC-165-520 anti-CD16(3G8) F(ab‘)2
Product Code: ANC-167-520 anti-CD18 (IB4) F(ab‘)2
Product Code: ANC-177-520 anti-CD28 (ANC28.1/5D10) F(ab‘)2
Product Code: ANC-144-520 anti-CD3ε (UCHT1) F(ab‘)2
Product Code: ANC-181-520 anti-CD32 (7.3) F(ab‘)2
Product Code: ANC-252-520 anti-CD62P (G1/G1-4) F(ab‘)2
Product Code: ANC-216-520 anti-CD64 (10.1) F(ab‘)2
3. Recombinant protein direct conjugates (such as CD40 muIg/PE) which bind, in flow cytometry or immunohistochemistry to their counter receptors across various species.
The CD40-muIg fusion protein blocks binding of anti-human CD40 to Raji human tumour cells.
Product Code: ANC-504-050
Size: 50 tests