Thursday, 19 July 2012
P53 is a short-lived, non-abundant protein that regulates the response of cells to DNA damage, in part through transcriptional activation of genes involved in cell cycle control, DNA repair, and apoptosis. P53 is a tumour suppressor protein; consequently, mice in which the p53 gene has been disrupted develop tumours with high frequency, and deletions or mutations in the p53 gene are prevalent in a majority of human cancers. The protein level and activity of p53 is regulated by MDM2 (murine double minute 2). The MDM2 gene is induced by p53, and MDM2 prevents apoptosis by inhibiting p53 activity and promoting its degradation.
Related products include:
- CycLex Histone H2A.X Phosphorylation Cellular ELISA Kit – Product Code: CY-1143
- CycLex cyclic GMP dependent protein kinase (cGK) Assay Kit - Product Code: CY-1161
- ST2 ELISA Kit – Product Code: 7638
- CycLex AMPK Kinase Assay Kit – Product Code: CY-1182
- Anti-p53 ELISA Test Kit – Product Code: RG-7640E
Read more about MBL International here.