- Sidenius N, Sier CFM, Ullum H, Pedersen BK, Cozzi LA, Blasi F, and Eugen-Olsen J, (2000) The American Society of Hematology, 96, 4091-4095
- Wittenhaugen P, Kronborg G, Weis N, Nielsen H, Obel N, Pedersen SS, and Eugen-Olsen J, (2004) European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, 10, 409-415
- Østergaard C, Benfield T, Lundgren JD, and Eugen-Olsen J, (2004) Scand J Infect Dis, 36, 14-19
- Kofoed K, Eugen-Olsen J, Petersen J, Larsen K, and Andersen O, (2008) Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis
- Ostrowski SR, Ullum H, Goka BQ, Høyer-Hansen G, Obeng-Adjei G, Pedersen BK, Akanmori BD, and Kurtzhals JAL, (2005) The Journal of Infectious Diseases, 191, 1331-1341
- Eugen-Olsen J, Gustafson P, Sidenius N, Fischer TK, Parner J, Aaby P, Gomes VF, Lisse I, (2002) Int J Tuberc Lung Dis, 6, 686-692
Friday, 18 November 2011
suPARnostic® - a Unique Prognostic Biomarker
suPAR (soluble urokinase plasminogen activating receptor) is a protein in the blood. The plasma level of suPAR reflects immune activation and is increased in several infectious diseases. High suPAR levels are associated with increased inflammation, disease progression and fatal outcome.
Measuring suPAR levels can serve as a marker to monitor disease progression and treatment [Ref. 1-6].
suPARnostic® is a Risk Status Marker, providing additional information regarding a patient, and acting as a master alarm for a patient’s risk status. An elevated suPARnostic® level reflects a developing critical condition.
suPAR levels can be measured easily with the novel suPARnostic® ELISA kit. This is a CE/IVD approved kit providing fast and reproducible results. By measuring an individual’s suPARnostic® level, the prognosis can be supported, the need for therapy is indicated and the effect of treatment can be monitored.
The suPARnostic® ELISA Assay is a simplified double monoclonal antibody sandwich assay where samples and peroxidase-conjugated anti-suPAR are mixed in white microwells prior to incubation in anti-suPAR precoated optically clear microwells. Performing the suPARnostic® ELISA involves two antibodies with high specificity for suPAR. The plasma sample with an unknown amount of suPAR is immobilized on the microwells on the clear microtiter plate and a detection antibody form a complex with suPAR.
Product Code: A001 - suPARnostic® Standard ELISA Assay
Product Code: A002 - suPARnostic® Flex ELISA Assay